Improving your health can be as easy as starting with one today, then add another one tomorrow, and then keep doing them each day and add more tips as you go along. Before you take notice, you will have started living a healthier lifestyle by just changing one habit a day.
5 Tips to start off your Healthy Lifestyle:
- Drink lots of Water: The human body is made up out of 90% water and needs water for almost every function it performs. A lot of pains and aches, headaches and a variety of other symptoms will clear up and lessen if we just drink more water.
- Go take a brisk walk in the park and take the dog with: The human body was made to move. Muscles need the movement to function optimally. Your heart is a muscle. Dogs need practice. The dog will remind you every day that you want to go for a walk.
- Hug someone you love, or the dog: Your body release feel-good hormones that wards off depression, when you hug someone who wants to be hugged. (Like the dog)
- Eat 2 to 3 Fruits or servings of fruit per day: Blueberries, cherries, etc. will be half a cup per serving. Brightly coloured fruit is full of disease-fighting phytonutrients that will protect you against diseases and also help to alleviate breathing problems and allergies.
- Take deep breaths for at least 5 minutes at a time: Do this as often as you can. Research showed that breathing deeply reduces stress hormone levels. This means less anxiety, better sleep and a lower likelihood that you will gain weight.
Do not skip breakfast. Stretch like your cat. Laugh a lot. Load up on Vitamin C. Start with one a day and then make it good habits. It is easy to start living a healthier lifestyle and you do not need to do it all at once.